1. Stand in front of the ropes facing forwards.
2. Lift one leg out to the side, up, over, and around the ropes, hooking the rope behind your toe.
3. Gently lower your body down beneath the ropes.
4. With the same hand as your leg, grip the rope at about your chest.
5. With your other hand, grip the rope as far up as you can reach with your thumb toward the anchor.
6. Hold your free leg next to your other leg.
Directions – Backward
1. Begin with your free leg. Keeping your ankles together, use your hips to drive your ankles to begin a corkscrew motion.
2. Let your hips, then shoulders, follow the corkscrew motion that you started with your ankles, until you have moved all the way around the rope and are back in the starting position.
Directions – Forward
1. Begin the rotation by pushing your bent arm over and around the rope.
2. Twist your hips to face the ground to propel your shoulder over the rope.
3. Let your shoulder begin a corkscrew motion in which your hips then leg follow your shoulder over the ropes.
*The more stretched out on the rope you are, the closer your torso will be to the ropes and the easier it will be to get your shoulder over the ropes.
*In competition, you will not receive points if you cross your ankles or separate your feet at any time during the move.